Stem Cell Treatment
GENEVA MEDERI CLINIC –
Swiss Bellefontaine Health and Wellness Center
The field of regenerative medicine holds great promise to repair damaged tissues and organs and restore functionality by stimulating the body’s own regenerative capacity.
The interdisciplinary field includes divers approaches, such as tissue engineering, medicine and molecular biology, to replace, engineer, or regenerate cells, tissues, or organs in order to restore the normal functioning of our organism. For this purpose, many cell types have been carefully analyzed for their suitability in regenerative medicine.
Stem cell therapy, as practiced at GENEVA MEDERI CLINIC – Swiss Bellefontaine Health and Wellness Center, is an innovative and minimally invasive treatment that commits to treat a range of diseases, injuries and other health-related conditions. Stem cell therapy uses your own adult stem cells to treat injuries and chronic illnesses. The procedure provides your body
the potential to heal itself naturally.
The collection and re-injection of adipose-derived stem cells represents the future of anti-aging aesthetic medicine. This innovative stem cell treatment exploits the natural resources of your own body to regenerate the skin and slow down the aging process.
- Stem Cells & Fat Stem Cells (Adipose-Derived Stem Cells)
What are the Stem Cells?
Stem cells are the “construction workers” of the body’s repair mechanism. The primary role of stem cells is to maintain and initiate the healing of damaged tissue and replenish dying or damaged cells. Stem cells find the damaged tissue and have the potential to initiate its repair and regeneration.
Stem cells are messengers of all cell types of organs and tissues in the human body. They play a vital role by ensuring the regular replacement of aging and dying cells.
What are the Fat Stem Cells (Adipose-Derived Stem Cells)
The highest concentration of adult stem cells could be found in adipose (fat) tissue. In regenerative medicine, adult stem cells are the most promising cell types for cell-based therapies.
Fat stem cells (from adipose tissue) are essentially segregated, that’s why they are not available to the rest of the body for repair or immune modulation. Human Adipose-Derived Stem Cells (ADSC) are isolated from lipoaspirates and are collected during surgical liposuction procedures.
Adipose tissue provides the largest volume of adult stem cells (for example 1,000 to 2,000 times the number of cells per volume found in bone marrow). Apart from adult stem cells, fat tissue also contains the range of other regenerative cells that are important to the healing process. The stem cells derived from fat have been a successful treatment for animals and horses with bone and joint injuries, which was proven during the last 10 years of researches and positive results. Experimental studies suggest that fat derived stem cells could also suppress pathological immune responses as seen in autoimmune diseases.
- Stem Cells Treatment. Procedure.
Stem cell therapy, also referred to as stem cell treatment, helps the body repair itself naturally.
The stem cells neutralize inflammation and accelerate the healing processes in our body. They have the potential to regenerate injured cartilage tissue, tendons, bone, muscle, ligaments and vertebral annular disc cartilage.
The stem cells treatment begins by harvesting a patient’s own stem cells found in adipose (fat) tissue. After the extraction, the stem cells found in fat tissue of the patient are immediately sent to the Swiss Stem Cell Foundation laboratory. The (SSCF) Swiss Stem Cell Foundation is an independent, non-profit foundation, which goal is to pursue research and development in the domain of stem cells, create new cell therapies for human medical use based on stem cells, as well as to provide training, advice and disseminate knowledge in this field among professional operators and the public at large. The Swiss Stem Cell Foundation laboratory isolates, purifies and conditions the stem cells, which afterwards will be reinjected into the face, the neck, or another area of concern of the patient, as recommended by the doctor.
Stem cells injected into the subdermal tissue help in keeping the surrounding tissues young, active, rejuvenated and resistant.
The sampling and injection procedure is performed by a doctor in 3 steps:
1) Liposuction takes place from Monday to Thursday. The procedure is performed under general or local anesthesia.
2) The 150 ml fat sample is immediately transported to the Swiss Stem Cell Foundation in Zurich.
3) The stem cell extract returns to GENEVA MEDERI CLININC – Swiss Bellefontaine Health and Wellness Center in 24 hours.
4) The day after collection, the stem cells are injected into the subdermal tissue of the patient.
Regenerative process – begins within the first 3 months, continues for up to 1 year.
Results from stem cell therapy:
- Partial or full restoration of impaired functions.
- Inhibition of progressive or degenerative diseases.
- “Interventional pain-management”- relief for patients with chronic pain and difficult-to-heal injuries. g. osteoarthritis knee pain, tennis elbow, shoulder pains or rotator cuff injuries, tendonitis, Achilles tendon injuries and cardiovascular diseases like atherosclerosis.
- Decrease of the nerve damage.
- Stimulation of collagen production.
- Generation of the blood vessel tissues.
- Increase of functionality, range of motion, flexibility and sleep quality.
- Healing of the skin wounds, prevention of formation of scar tissue and reduction of hair loss.
- Effective treatment in case of common chronic illnesses such as heart disease, neurodegenerative diseases and diabetes
- Better quality of life for the patient.
- Advantages of the treatment
- No risk of rejection. By using adult stem cells from your own adipose (fat) tissue, the body accepts the new tissue as its own, eliminating the risk of rejection.
- Minimally invasive – stem cell treatments are minimally invasive, in contrast to traditional treatments such as joint replacement.
- Rebuilding your own healthy tissue
- No general anesthesia – due to the minimally invasive character, only mild oral medications are necessary.
- Fast recovery – stem cell patients can return to work in 1-2 days.